This melting furnace has been specifically designed for melting of chips from machining. It is the result of extensive inhouse R&D to achieve outstanding values in terms of economic throughput and the environment.
- Chips are charged continuously and heated to some 400°C in seconds, whereby hydrocarbons and moisture are evaporated.
- Thermal reclamation of organic components as dryer and melting furnace are combined into one process.
- Swarf is introduced directly to the melting process in hot condition, thereby avoiding further oxidation or moisture pick-up.
- Electromagnetic liquid metal pump for quick, energetic submersion of the charged material and for melt bath movement.
- Melting capacity 2 to 8 tons/hour or 40 to 160 tons/day
- Very low specific energy consumption (< 550 kWh/ton including drying) due to LOW-NOx regenerative burner systems, yet very low NOx emissions
- Extremely low melt loss (< 1 %), thus high metal recovery
- Low manpower for operation and maintenance
- Good metal quality of the melt (low oxide and hydrogen content)
- Meeting most stringent environmental standards