The plant represents an integrated, continuously operated, fully automated concept starting with the handling of scrap and ending with cut to length homogenized extrusion billets (logs).
The CRP is particularly suited for extruders who remelt their own turn-around scrap as well as scrap from the market into extrusion billet (logs).
- Scrap bin accumulator
- Charging & skimming machine
- Continuously operated three chamber melting & casting furnace
- Inline degassing unit
- Horizontal or vertical casting machine with flying saw
- Continuous homogenizng furnace and air cooling station
- Weighing and bundling system
- Production rate in the range of 2.000 to 30.000 tons/year
- Continuous and fully automated process integrating all production steps
- Lean operating labour requirement (2 men per shift including scrap handling, charging, casting & packing)
- Low melt loss due to submersion melting process (<0,5% of charged metal)
- Low energy consumption
- Competitive investment cost
Compact Type Remelt Plant for long profile scrap & VDC casting
The melting furnace meets the requirements of many extruders for remelting of clean profile scrap up to 7 m long at melt rates of approx. 3 tons per hour. To meet the demand for frequent alloy and log diameter change a tiltable casting furnace with VDC casting plant is integrated.
1) Charging & skimming machine 2) Melting furnace 3) Charging well 4) Casting furnace 5) VDC casting machine 6) Accumulator 7) Continuous homgenizer 8) Cooling station 9) Billet saw